General information about Strategic Partnerships in the field of Adult Education is available here.
KA2 projects – Strategic Partnerships in the field of adult education last between 12 and 22 months. Institution submitting the project application must specify the duration of the project in the application form, in accordance with the project objectives and the type of planned activities.
One activity within the project can last:
- Blended mobility of learners (from 5 days to 2 months) and virtual mobilities.
- Long-term teaching or training assignments (from 2 to 12 months)
- Short-term joint staff training assignments (from 5 days to 2 months, excluding travel time)
The project applicant/coordinator and the partner – differences and information who can apply
Organisations active in the field of adult education in Serbia can apply for KA2 Strategic partnership projects in the field of Adult Education as project coordinators. The applicant/coordinator writes the application and submits it, receives the financial means, that are allocated to the project partners during the project. The project partners are involved into activity planning and implementation and receive financial means from the applicant/coordinator.
Organizations and institutions in Serbia can apply for KA2 projects independently or on behalf of all organisations involved in the project. Strategic partnership is international cooperation project and includes at least three organisations from three different Programme Countries. There is no maximum number of partners, but the budget allocated for the management and implementation of the project is limited (including 10 partners). All participants of the project must be confirmed at the time of the grant application.
Since Serbia is in the process of becoming a Programme Country, applications are submitted to the Foundation Tempus. However, at the moment, there are certain restrictions for the institutions in Serbia:
- Institutions from Serbia can apply as coordinators only when project partners are from Programme Countries (KA2 projects must be international);
- Project duration is limited to last 22 months;
- The budget for KA2 projects is limited
National Call for submission of Erasmus+ projects in 2018 contains all the relevant information regarding current open call for KA2 strategic partnership projects for which institutions and organisations from Serbia can apply.
Projects will be assessed against the following criteria:
Relevance of the project
- The relevance of the proposal to:
- the objectives and the priorities of the Action;
- If the proposal addresses the horizontal priority “inclusive education, training, and youth”, it will be considered as highly relevant;
- If the proposal addresses one or more “European Priorities in the national context”, as announced by the National Agency, it will be considered as highly relevant.
- The extent to which:
- the proposal is based on a genuine and adequate needs analysis;
- the objectives are clearly defined, realistic and address issues relevant to the participating organisations and target groups;
- the proposal is suitable of realising synergies between different fields of education, training and youth;
- the proposal is innovative and/or complementary to other initiatives already carried out by the participating organisations;
- the proposal brings added value at EU level through results that would not be attained by activities carried out in a single country.
Quality of the project design and implementation
- The clarity, completeness and quality of the work programme, including appropriate phases for preparation, implementation, monitoring, evaluation and dissemination;
- The consistency between project objectives and activities proposed;
- The quality and feasibility of the methodology proposed;
- The existence and relevance of quality control measures to ensure that the project implementation is of high quality, completed in time and on budget;
- The extent to which the project is cost-effective and allocates appropriate resources to each activity;
- If applicable, the use of Erasmus+ online platforms (i.e. eTwinning; EPALE; School Education Gateway) as tools for preparation, implementation and follow-up of the project activities.
If the project plans training, teaching or learning activities:
- The quality of practical arrangements, management and support modalities in learning, teaching and training activities;
- The extent to which these activities are appropriate to the project’s aims and involve the appropriate number of participants;
- The quality of arrangements for the recognition and validation of participants’ learning outcomes, in line with European transparency and recognition tools and principles.
Quality of the project team and the cooperation arrangements
- The extent to which:
– the project involves an appropriate mix of complementary participating organisations with the necessary profile, experience and expertise to successfully deliver all aspects of the project;
– the distribution of responsibilities and tasks demonstrates the commitment and active contribution of all participating organisations;
– if relevant for the project type, the project involves participation of organisations from different fields of education, training, youth and other socio-economic sectors.
- The extent to which the project involves newcomers to the Action.
- The existence of effective mechanisms for coordination and communication between the participating organisations, as well as with other relevant stakeholders.
Impact and dissemination
- The quality of measures for evaluating the outcomes of the project.
- The potential impact of the project:
– on participants and participating organisations, during and after the project lifetime;
– outside the organisations and individuals directly participating in the project, at local, regional, national and/or European levels.
- The quality of the dissemination plan: the appropriateness and quality of measures aimed at sharing the outcomes of the project within and outside the participating organisations;
- If relevant, the extent to which the proposal describes how the materials, documents and media produced will be made freely available and promoted through open licences, and does not contain disproportionate limitations;
- The quality of the plans for ensuring the sustainability of the project: its capacity to continue having an impact and producing results after the EU grant has been used up.
Schools, preschools and other organisations active in the field of education in Serbia submit applications for KA2 Strategic partnership projects to the Foundation Tempus.
National call for proposal was launched in November 2017, while the application submission deadline is March 21, 2018. Project application forms will be available for download on the Foundation Tempus website.
For additional information, please contact Foundation Tempus – Group for schools, pre-schools and adult education via e-mail or phone.
Group for schools, pre-schools and adult education
Ruze Jovanovic 27/a, 11000 Belgrade, Serbia
Tel/fax: +381 11 3342 430,
School Education Gateway
Link for obtaining EU account
EU account guide
Link for obtaining PIC number
Legal entity identification form
Legal entity financial identification form
E-form technical guide
Erasmus+ programme guide
A practical guide for school leaders