General information about school education mobility projects is available here
KA1 projects – Learning mobility of individuals last from 12 up to 24 months. Institution submitting the project application must specify the duration of the project in the application form, in accordance with the project objectives and the type of planned activities. One activity within the project can last from 2 days to 2 months, excluding travel time.
The project applicant/coordinator and the partner – differences and information on who can apply
Schools and pre-schools from Serbia can apply for KA1 projects – Learning mobility of individuals for School education, both as project coordinators and as partners. The applicant/coordinator writes the application and submits it, receives the financial means, that are allocated to the project partners during the project. The project partners are involved in activity planning and implementation, and receive financial means from the applicant/coordinator.
What is the role of organisations participating in this project?
Participating organisations involved in the mobility project assume the following roles and tasks:
- Applicant organisation: in charge of applying for the mobility project, signing and managing the grant agreement and reporting. If the applicant organisation is a school, it also acts as sending organisation.
- Sending organisation: in charge of selecting staff and sending them abroad.
- Receiving organisation: in charge of receiving teachers and other school education staff and offering them a programme of activities, or benefiting from a teaching activity provided by them.
The specific role of the receiving organisation depends on the type of activity and the relationship with the sending organisation. The receiving organisation may be:
- a course provider (in the case of participation in a structured course or training event);
- a partner school or other relevant organisation (in the case of e.g. job shadowing or teaching assignments). In this case, the sending and receiving organisations, together with the participants, should establish an agreement before the start of the activity. This agreement should define the objectives and activities for the period abroad, and specify the rights and obligations of each party.
Projects will be assessed against the following criteria:
- Relevance of the project:
The relevance of the proposal to:
- the objectives of the Action;
- the needs and objectives of the participating organisations and of the individual participants as specified in the European Development Plan.
The extent to which the proposal is suitable for:
- producing high-quality learning outcomes for participants;
- reinforcing the capacities and international scope of the participating organisations.
- Quality of the project design and implementation
- The clarity, completeness and quality of all the phases of the project proposal (preparation, implementation of mobility activities and follow-up);
- The consistency between project objectives and proposed activities;
- The quality of the European Development Plan of the applicant organisation;
- The appropriateness of measures for selecting and/or involving participants in the mobility activities;
- The quality of the practical arrangements, management and support modalities;
- The quality of the preparation provided to participants;
- The quality of arrangements for the recognition and validation of participants’ learning outcomes, as well as the consistent use of European transparency and recognition tools.
- The quality of measures for evaluating the outcomes of the project;
- Impact and dissemination
The potential impact of the project:
- on individual participants and on the participating organisations during and after the project lifetime;
- outside the organisations and individuals directly participating in the project, at local, regional, national and/or European levels.
The appropriateness and quality of measures aimed at disseminating the outcomes of the project within and outside the participating organisations.
Schools and pre-school institutions in Serbia submit applications for KA1 mobility projects to the Foundation Tempus. General call for proposals for 2019 was launched in October 2018, while the application submission deadline is February 5th, 2019.
Project application forms are available here. To access the forms, EU login account is required.
For additional information, please contact Foundation Tempus –School, preschool and adult education unit via e-mail or phone.
School, preschool and adult education unit
Ruze Jovanovic 27/a, 11000 Belgrade, Serbia
Tel/fax: +381 11 3342 430
EU Login guide
Link for obtaining PIC number
Legal entity identification form
Legal entity financial identification form
Erasmus+ programme guide
A practical guide for school leaders