KA1 Vocational Education and Training
General information about learning mobility of individuals for vocational education and training is available here.
KA1 projects- Learning mobility of individuals for VET last from 12 up to 24 months. Institution submitting the project application must specify the duration of the project in the application form, in accordance with the project objectives and the type of planned activities. One activity within the project, referring to teachers and educators, can last from 2 days to 2 months, while internship for students lasts from 2 weeks to 2 months, excluding travel time.
The project applicant/coordinator and the partner – differences and information who can apply
Institutions active in the field of vocational education and training in Serbia can apply for KA1 projects – Learning mobility of individuals for VET (Vocational Education and Training), both as project coordinators and as partners. The applicant/coordinator writes the application and submits it, receives the financial means, that are allocated to the project partners during the project. The project partners are involved into activity planning and implementation, and receive financial means from the applicant/coordinator.
WHAT IS THE ROLE OF ORGANISATIONS PARTICIPATING IN THIS PROJECT?
Participating organisations involved in the mobility project assume the following roles and tasks:
- Applicant organisation: in charge of applying for the mobility project, signing and managing the grant agreement and reporting;
- Sending organisation: in charge of selecting VET learners/staff and sending them abroad.
- Receiving organisation: in charge of receiving foreign VET learners/staff and offering them a programme of activities, or benefiting from a training activity provided by VET staff.
- Intermediary organisation: this is an organisation active in the labour market or in the fields of education, training and youth. It is a partner in a national mobility consortium, but is not a sending organisation. Its role may be to share and facilitate the administrative procedures of the sending VET organisations and to better match apprentice/student profiles with the needs of enterprises in case of traineeships and to jointly prepare participants
The sending and receiving organisations, together with the students/staff, must have agreed on the activities to be undertaken by the students – in a ‘Learning Agreement’ – or by staff members – in a ‘Mobility Agreement’ – prior to the start of the mobility period. These agreements define the target learning outcomes for the learning period abroad, specify the formal recognition provisions and list the rights and obligations of each party.
Projects will be assessed against following criteria:
1. Relevance of the project includes:
The relevance of the proposal to:
- the objectives of the Action (see section “What are the aims of a mobility project” in the Programme Guide, page 31);
- the needs and objectives of the participating organisations and of the individual participants, particularly taking into account what is specified in the European Development Plan.
The extent to which the proposal is suitable to:
- producing high-quality learning outcomes for participants;
- reinforcing the capacities and international scope of the participating organisations.
2. Quality of the project design and implementation focuses on:
- The clarity, completeness and quality of all the phases of the project proposal (preparation, implementation of mobility activities, and follow-up);
- The consistency between project objectives and activities proposed;
- The Quality of the European Development Plan of the applicant organisation;
- The quality of the practical arrangements, management and support modalities;
- The quality of the preparation provided to participants;
- The quality of arrangements for the recognition and validation of participants’ learning outcomes as well as the consistent use of European transparency and recognition tools;
3. Impact and dissemination:
- The quality of measures for evaluating the outcomes of the project;
- The potential impact of the project: on participants and participating organisations during and after the project lifetime; outside the organisations and individuals directly participating in the project, at local, regional, national and/or European levels.
- The appropriateness and quality of measures aimed at disseminating the outcomes of the project within and outside the participating organisations
Organizations active in the field of vocational education and training in Serbia submit applications for KA1 learning mobility of individuals to the Foundation Tempus. General call for proposals for 2019 was published in October 2018, while the application submission deadline is February 5th, 2019. Project application forms are available here. To access the forms, EU login account is required.
For additional information, please contact Foundation Tempus – Group for schools, pre-schools and adult education via e-mail or phone.
Group for schools, pre-schools and adult education
Ruze Jovanovic 27/a, 11000 Belgrade, Serbia
Tel/fax: +381 11 3342 430,
School Education Gateway
Link for obtaining EU account
EU account guide
Link for obtaining PIC number
Legal entity identification form
Legal entity financial identification form
E-form technical guide
Erasmus+ programme guide
A practical guide for school leaders