Foundation Tempus – National CEEPUS Office in the Republic of Serbia announces the call for expressions of interest for the establishment of a list of experts to assist the National CEEPUS Office in the Republic of Serbia and Central CEEPUS Office in the framework of the evaluation of university networks within the CEEPUS III program. The call is open until the end of 2017, with evaluations of submitted expressions of interest for each academic year.
CEEPUS is an acronym for “Central European Exchange Program for University Studies”. The main activity of CEEPUS III is university networks operating joint programs ideally leading to Joint Degrees, esp. Joint Doctoral Programs. CEEPUS III covers mobility grants for students and teachers in this framework.
The deadline for submission for expression of interest for the following evaluations of expression of interests will be announced in due time. Note: This is a voluntary position and experts will not receive any reimbursement for the activities they perform.
Who can be an expert?
The call for expressions of interest is open for those who fulfill the following requirements:
- Academic staff at accredited public higher education institutions in the Republic of Serbia;
- Good knowledge of the English language (preferably level C1 or C2);
- Knowledge of use of online IT tools (especially tools for online collaboration and assessment);
- Experience in mobility programs, organization of joint degree programs or development/management of study programs;
- No conflict of interest with existing CEEPUS networks in which institutions from the Republic of Serbia participate either as coordinators or partners;
This includes reasons involving economic interest, political or national affinity, family or emotional ties, or any other shared interest and especially if the evaluator was involved in the preparation of the network application, stands to benefit directly or indirectly if the application is accepted, has a close family or personal relationship with any person representing a network coordinator or network partner, or if (s)he is a director, trustee or partner or is in any way involved in the management of a legal entity which applies as a coordinator or partner in a CEEPUS III network.
Availability to personally and professionally conduct the evaluations received within the set deadlines during February and March 2016.
What will the assignments involve?
The Experts will be performing independent online evaluations of applications for CEEPUS III networks, using the criteria set by the program management. Each of the network applications in which a higher education institution from the Republic of Serbia is either coordinator or partner will be evaluated by at least one expert from the Republic of Serbia. The evaluations consist of numerical part (points awarded for each aspect of the application) and textual evaluations which are done in the English language. The evaluation process usually starts at the beginning of February and ends by the end of March each year. Participation at a pre-evaluation training session organized by the National CEEPUS Office in January is required for all new experts added to the list of expert evaluators. Furthermore, one of the experts might be invited to join the joint meeting organized by Central CEEPUS Office in Vienna.
Evaluations are done on voluntary basis by the experts and they don’t receive any financial or other compensation for these activities. Provision of these activities also does not form any type of employment of the expert either by the National CEEPUS Office nor the Central CEEPUS Office.
The expert must perform their work impartially and objectively or they could be removed from the list of expert evaluators. The evaluations must be carried out in a confidential and fair way and according to the instructions and time-schedules given by the National CEEPUS Office and/or Central CEEPUS Office, following the highest ethical and moral standards. Expert evaluators may not delegate their tasks to another person to carry out the work or be replaced by any other person. If the expert evaluator accepts an evaluation assignment and fails to conduct the evaluation within the agreed timeframe, it may result in their removal from the list of expert evaluators.
All experts will be asked to sign the Delaration of Honour which confirms that the applicant does not have a conflict of interest with any existing CEEPUS networks as well as electronic confirmation that no conflict of interest exists before starting the evaluation process.
How to apply
All applicants should fill the registration form on the page below (at http://erasmusplus.rs/ceepus-expert-evaluators/) and submit the following documentation:
- Curriculum Vitae in English (preferably in Europass format), highlighting the expertise in their scientific area as well as their experience in development/management of mobility programs, joint degree programs or study programs at their institutions;
- Information on areas/fields of studies the applicant has expertise in and would prefer to evaluate networks in those areas/fields (part of the registration form)
- Expression of interest (text of at least 200 words) stating why the applicant wishes to become an expert evaluator for CEEPUS III networks (part of the registration form)
- Experience in development/management of mobility programs, joint degree programs or study programs (text of at least 100 words, part of the registration form)
Applications received after the stated deadline will be evaluated the next time the list of expert evaluators is updated. All incomplete applications, or applications written in languages other than English will be rejected.
Help and support
Should you require any support concerning the application or need more information about the CEEPUS III program, please contact the National CEEPUS Office in Serbia:
Tempus Foundation – National CEEPUS Office
Ruže Jovanović 27a (entry from Žabljačka street), 11000 Belgrade
Phone: +381-11-33-42-430 +381-11-33-42-432 (option 3)