Higher Education Reform Experts Team (HERE) was formed in 2008, on European Commission’s initiative. Team was funded from the budget of the Erasmus+ programme of the European Union and ceased to work with full accession of the Republic of Serbia to the Erasmus+ programme.
Team’s responsibilities consisted of:
analyzing and monitoring the implementation of Lisbon and the Bologna process (which the Government of Serbia adopted in 2003) through reforms in the field of higher education;
- cooperating with institutions at all levels of education, as well as with economic and social organizations , which do not belong to the academic sector;
- organizing the training of experts, on national and international level;
- organizing and attending regional and thematic seminars;
- performing promotional activities, with goal of raising the importance and need of changes in the field of higher education.
Team’s activities were aimed at taking various initiatives, proposing concrete measures and actions, preparation of analyzes, reports and other materials, as well as promoting the results, achieved in the implementation of the Bologna and Lisbon processes in the field of higher education in Serbia.
Team was active on both national and international level. Aside from internal meetings, which were held every month, with the support of Foundation Tempus, the team members have initiated a number of different activities on national level. These included:
- Organizing the conference “Challenges of the digital era for higher education” in Hotel 88 Rooms, 02.10.2018. year;
- Organizing a conference “Cooperation with enterprises and institutions – a proposal of concepts and implementation measures at HEI in Serbia” at the Klub poslanika in Belgrade, 28 June 2018;
- Organizing the conference “Social Dimension of Higher Education: Increasing Diversity by Providing Structured and Effective Support to HE Students” at the 88 Rooms Hotel, 31.05.2018;
- Organizing the conference “Challenges in Higher Education – Internationalization” at the Klub poslanika in Belgrade, 15.05.2018;
- Organizing a round table “Challenges in Higher Education – Recognition of Prior Learning and Distribution of ECTS” in Palace of “Serbia” , Belgrade, 25.04. 2018;
- Organizing seminar „Global university rankings and their impact” in the Rectorate of the University of Belgrade, on 7 November 2017;
- Organizing seminar „Understanding and adopting the approach of reflexive practice in teacher education“ at the College of Applied studies for preschool teacher education in Novi Sad, on 5 October 2017;
- Organizing the conference „LLL in higher education “ at the Faculty of Medicine, University of Belgrade, on 3 March 2017;
- Organizing the conference “Strengthening the capacity of study programs in the field of environmental protection” in Aranđelovac on 24 November, 2016;
- Presenting the publication named “Naciоnalnе prеpоruke za upravljanjе Intеlеktualnоm svојinоm u aktivnоstima transfеra znanja”, as well as organizing five follow-up info days throughout the Universities of Serbia during June 2016;
- Organizing a conference and the round table discussion, named ” Organizational and operational aspects of vocational higher education “, held on 22 and 23 June 2016;
- Preparing the new Draft Law of higher education, which was implemented through the work of four working groups named by the Ministry of Education, Science and Technological Development;
- Organizing an Information day on indicators measuring the impact of higher education, held on 24 and 25 November 2015, in order to initiate discussion on possible models of funding in the field of higher education;
- Conducting a special “template” session at BizIT conference, held on 4 November 2015. It was a perfect opportunity to present the activities of Academic Business Club Development, aimed to improve level of cooperation between higher education institutions and business organizations.
Concerning international activities, Team members have participated in a total of 6 international events, organized by the Executive Agency in the field of education, culture and the media (EACEA) and the Support and Promotion for Higher Education Reform Experts (SPHERE):
- HERE Study Visit “Joint degrees : strategic and operational implementation: one size does not fit all” (University of Coimbra, Portugal 2-3 October, 2018)
- HERE Study Visit: The role of Universities in Developing Entrepreneurial Skills (University of Montpellier, 19-20 April 2018)
- HERE Annual Conference: EU and its Neighbors: Higher Education Policy and Cooperation (Brussels , Belgium, December 11-12, 2017)
- Regional HERE seminar: The Magic Triangle of Higher Education – Funding Model – Research Capacity – Quality of PhD Studies (Becici, Montenegro, 24 – 26. 09. 2017)
HERE Annual Conference: HERE and their mission: Contributing to higher education reform (University of Barcelona, Spain, 12-13 December, 2016)
5th Ministerial Meeting of the Western Balkans Platform on Education and Training (WBPET), (Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina, 27 and 28 June 2016)
- HERE Study Visit: Capacity building in doctoral education (University of Malme, Sweden, 31 May and 1 June 2016)
- HERE Seminar on Joint programmes and degrees: Strategy, management, implementation (Novi Sad, Serbia, 17 and 18 March 2016)
- Innovating learning and teaching: the next phase of the Bologna Process (Tbilisi, Georgia, 3 and 4 December 2015)
- 10th European Quality Assurance Forum (EQAF) (London, United Kingdom, 19-21 November 2015)
- HERE Seminar on ICT based learning, (Petra, Jordan, 26 and 27 October 2015)
For further information concerning work and activities, please contact Higher Education Reform Experts Team via the following e-mail addresses: email@example.com.