The Erasmus+ programme provides an opportunity for higher education institutions to participate in mobility projects and send students and employees of higher education institutions to other European countries or to participate in international cooperation projects.
Organizations from Serbia can have the role of coordinator, i.e. project applicant or project partner.
The following opportunities for participation in the program are available to higher education institutions:
- KA1 Mobility projects – Under these projects, institutions can send their students and staff for shorter or longer periods of study, training or internship in one of the programme countries or they can organize various incoming mobility activities for partner institutions. Physical as well as blended mobility projects are available for students and employees in higher education institutions with the aim of strengthening the quality of teaching, the European dimension in teaching and the contribution to the European educational space.
- KA2 Higher Education Partnerships enable institutions to participate in international cooperation projects, strengthen their capacities and produce innovative results.
- Erasmus Mundus projects aim to encourage excellence and internationalization of higher education institutions through master’s study programmes, which are jointly conducted and jointly recognized by higher education institutions in Europe, and are also open to institutions in other countries around the world.
- Erasmus+ academies for the improvement of teacher education aim to create European partnerships between institutions dealing with teacher education and training. The development of these academies is expected to increase interest in the teaching profession and to ensure high-quality initial teacher education, but also their continuous professional development.
- Jean Monnet activities within the Erasmus + program aim to promote excellence in teaching and research in the field of European Union studies around the world. These projects encourage dialogue between academia and European policy makers. Jean Monnet actions are divided into three types of projects, namely: Jean Monnet modules, Jean Monnet chairs and Jean Monnet centers of excellence.
- Alliances for education and companies are two-year or three-year international projects that are implemented in cooperation between higher education institutions, vocational education and training institutions, as well as public and private companies, non-governmental organizations, etc. in which the partners set common goals and work together to encourage innovation, develop new skills, launch initiatives and entrepreneurial spirit and thinking.