The Erasmus+ Programme allows organisations in vocational education and training to send their learners and staff on a period of learning and professional development in other European countries or to participate in projects of international cooperation.
Institutions from Serbia can assume the role of coordinator, i.e. the applicant organization, or partners in a project.
VET institutions have the following participating opportunities within the program:
- KA1 Mobility projects – These projects allow organisations to send their learners and staff on shorter or longer periods of learning or training in an EU Member State or in a third country associated to the Programme or organise different incoming mobility activities for partner organisations. Learners and staff in vocational education and training can participate in short-term or accredited mobility projects with the aim of improving the quality of teaching and learning, strengthening the European dimension of teaching and learning, and contributing to the European Education Area.
- KA2 Partnerships for Cooperation in vocational education enable organisations to participate in international cooperation projects, strengthen their capacities and produce innovative results. Depending on the size and the scope of the project, organizations can participate in Cooperation Partnerships and Small-scale partnerships.
- Jean Monnet actions in other fields of education and training – Jean Monnet projects have until recently only been available to higher education institutions. Starting with the previous selection round, other education and training fields can participate. Institutions can opt for Jean Monnet Teacher Trainings, Jean Monnet learning EU Initiatives.
- Centres of Vocational Excellence are a European platforms initiative whose aim is to contribute to regional development, innovations and smart specialisation strategies social inclusion, as well as to international collaborative platforms. Their activities are grouped within three clusters: teaching and learning, cooperation and partnership, governance and funding.
- Alliances for Sectoral Cooperation on Skills aim to create new strategic approaches and cooperation for concrete skills development solutions in given economic sectors, or in areas implementing the Pact for Skills.
- Capacity building projects are international cooperation projects based on multilateral partnerships between organisations active in the field of VET in EU Member States and third countries associated to the Programme, and third countries not associated to the Programme. They aim to support the relevance, accessibility, and responsiveness of VET institutions and systems in third countries not associated to the Programme as a driver of sustainable socio-economic development.