Erasmus+ sport actions are expected to result in the development, transfer and/or implementation of innovative practices and to contribute to the development of a European dimension of sport.
They will support European partnerships on grassroots sport in order to pursue the following objectives:
- tackle cross-border threats to the integrity of sport, such as doping, match fixing and violence, as well as all kinds of intolerance and discrimination;
- promote and support good governance in sport and dual careers of athletes;
- to promote voluntary activities in sport, together with social inclusion, equal opportunities and awareness of the importance of health-enhancing physical activity, through increased participation in, and equal access to sport for all.
Two types of Sport projects are supported:
- Collaborative Partnerships
- Not-for-profit European sport events
Institutions from Serbia can take part in Erasmus+ collaborative partnerships, but only as partners bringing essential added value to the project applications.
All activities related to projects in the field of Sport are managed by the executive agency in Brussels (EACEA).
Link to the EACEA web page, where you can find more details about Erasmus+ sport actions: http://eacea.ec.europa.eu/erasmus-plus/actions/sport